Good news! With our latest release, the Xodo web app is now better than ever. In addition to all the features you already love, you’ll enjoy a refreshed interface and exciting new features. Take a look to see what Xodo can do for you:
- Merge PDFs (NEW!)
- Organize pages: insert, delete, reorder, and rotate pages (NEW!)
- Access PDFs on Google Drive
- Online collaboration
- Secure: your files never leave your computer
- Print directly from your browser
- Multiple view modes and flexible zoom
- More annotation options
- Use without signing in (NEW!)
With the Xodo web app, you can now merge multiple PDFs into one, which is perfect for when you need to compile resources into one package to send to your colleagues. And now you can merge PDFs from your computer and Google Drive. Here’s how to merge PDFs in Xodo:
1. From the home screen, click Merge PDFs.
2. Choose Local File to open a file from your computer, or open a file from your Google Drive. You an also drag and drop files to open them.
3. Once you’ve opened your first file, you can add files by clicking the Add File button. You can choose to add a file from your computer or Google Drive by using the drop-down menu.
4. To remove a file, click the file, then click the − Remove File button.
5. To change the order of files, hold and drag a file to a new position and release it.
6. Once you’re finished, click the Merge & Download button to download the merged file to your computer.
The new Xodo web app provides more flexibility than ever before. You can now insert, delete, reorder, and even rotate pages to manipulate your PDF to fit your needs. Here’s how to organize pages in Xodo:
1. From the home screen, click Organize Pages.
2. Choose Local File to open a file from your computer, or open a file from your Google Drive. You can also drag and drop files to open them.
3. To insert pages, click the + Add blank page button. New blank pages are added to the end of the document.
4. To delete pages, click the pages you want to delete, then click the − Delete pages button.
5. To change the order of pages, hold and drag a page to a new position and release it.
6. To rotate a page, click the pages you want to rotate. Then click either the Rotate Clockwise icon or Rotate Counterclockwise icon.
7. Once you’re finished, click the Download button to download the document to your computer.
If you already store your documents on Google Drive, you probably don’t want to bother uploading them to another service to edit and annotate. With the Xodo web app, you can directly access PDFs on Google Drive without any uploading or downloading. You can annotate your PDFs as you like and share with collaborators to gather feedback.
In Xodo, you invite your collaborators directly via their email addresses. Collaborators can leave comments right on the document and have access to Xodo’s diverse toolkit, including highlighting text, drawing freehand, and inserting signatures. Xodo eliminates the hassle of back-and-forth email chains and out-of-context feedback, without requiring your clients, colleagues, friends, or family to sign up for an account.
Sure, Xodo is great for when you need feedback from your friends or colleagues. But how about when you want to just read and make notes on your own? Unlike other similar services, when you choose to open a PDF locally in Xodo, the document is never uploaded to a public server, meaning no one sees it except you. Unless you specifically choose to share your document with others, it stays on your computer, for your eyes only.
This also means that your document loads faster, since you don’t need to wait to upload and download files, and you can keep organizing, merging, and editing files even when you’re offline!
Unlike similar services, Xodo lets you print documents directly from your browser, instead of downloading documents to your computer to print them.
Depending on whether you’re reading a textbook, signing a contract, or checking over a blueprint, you probably want flexible viewing modes to accommodate your needs. Xodo offers these viewing modes:
- Single: display one page, scroll horizontally
- Continuous: display one page, scroll vertically
- Facing: display two pages side by side, scroll horizontally
- Facing Continuous: display two pages side by side, scroll vertically
- Cover: display two pages side by side with cover first, scroll horizontally
- Cover Continuous: display two pages side by side with cover first, scroll vertically
Xodo also provides flexible zoom options – you can enter the percentage of zoom level you want.
The large variety of annotation tools that Xodo offers is what places it one step ahead of competitors. Annotation types include comment notes, text highlights, text underlines, signatures, text, arrows, and more. You can edit your annotations’ color, size/thickness, and opacity afterwards by simply clicking the annotation itself to access a handy pop-up menu.
Sometimes you just need to quickly add a signature to a contract or scribble something in the margins of your notes, and having to create an account and logging in isn’t ideal. With the new Xodo web app, you can now view and edit files without logging in, eliminating one extra step in your workflow. And if you want to create an account, we only require your email.
Xodo has many other great features not covered here. The Xodo web app is available for free, so we hope you’ll try it out if you haven’t already. Let us know what you think on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+!
Xodo is the ultimate cross-platform PDF viewer and annotator.
Xodo | Transforming how the world works with PDFs