I may be a bit biased, but I definitely think they succeeded.
Xodo 2.1 features a number of upgrades for an easier and more versatile PDF reading experience. We also made annotating faster and more intuitive. Finally, to put the cherry on the cake, we added in-app PDF scanning.
Please note that this update is only for Android and iOS devices, but if you’re a Windows user, don’t fret – we’ll be adding more features for your devices soon.
New Features in Xodo 2.1 – Android & iOS Devices
View & Navigate
- Two-page layouts | View two pages at the same time in landscape orientation (options include facing and cover-facing)
- Rotate pages | You can now rotate all pages in a document
- Two finger scrolling | Scroll through any page with two fingers while annotating without triggering zoom
- Define words | Quickly look up definitions for words while working on any document
Convert & Create
- Scan images to PDF directly from Xodo | Take a picture using Xodo, instantly convert it to PDF, then mark it up or file and organize (image editing and OCR functions not included)
Annotate & Comment
- Continuous annotation editing | Select and modify all annotations – old and new – on the fly without the need to change tool modes
- Versatile annotation adjustment | Expand or collapse highlights, underlines, and strikethroughs the same way you would normally adjust text selections on your device
- Resize free text [iOS] | You can now change the font size of free text annotations on iOS devices
- Full annotation tool display [Android] | Android devices now show all available annotation tool modes, including arrow, line, ellipse, polygon, and free text tools (portrait and landscape orientation on tablets; landscape orientation only on phones)
- Numerous small improvements and fixes to correct minor bugs and crashes
There are more changes in the works for August and September, including some really exciting additions that users have been requesting for a while. I’m dying to spill the beans, but I promised I’d keep it secret, so for now my keyboard is sealed.
In the meantime, if you can think of ways to make Xodo even better, we’d love to hear from you. Visit our Uservoice forum to vote for your favorite suggestions or add your own, or join Xodo on Twitter, Google+, or Facebook and drop us a line!
Xodo is the ultimate cross-platform PDF viewer and annotator.
Xodo | Transforming how the world works with PDFs