Xodo 2.0 raises the bar for free mobile PDF apps yet again.
Xodo 2.0 is finally here! While we’re proud to introduce a number of fantastic features, we’re most excited to announce the official launch of our new real-time, browser-based PDF collaboration service, Xodo Connect.
With Xodo Connect, groups can work together on PDFs at the same time from any device, no signups or installs required.
Xodo Connect is the only completely free service to offer live group interaction on PDFs through web browsers. Users can invite an unlimited number of clients, colleagues, classmates, friends, or family members to work together on a PDF at the same time without awkward attachments or software installs. Collaborators can view, annotate, and markup a document from any mobile or desktop device, and teams can use the live chat feature to discuss plans, brainstorm ideas, or crack jokes.
By bringing everyone together and keeping everything in the same place with Xodo Connect, we’re doing our bit to rid the world of long, confusing email threads, conflicting file versions, and misplaced notes.
Starting a Connection is easy. You simply open a PDF in Xodo’s mobile app, then use the Connect tool to send out email invitations. The people you invite do not need the mobile app and are not required to download, install, or sign up for anything – a web link in the invitation launches the file directly through Xodo’s browser-based app.
Once online, you can:
- View – High quality vector rendering and viewing with display modes including single, continuous, facing, and cover; users can also rotate (desktop only) and zoom
- Browse – Navigate by thumbnail layout, bookmark outline, annotation outline, or text search
- Annotate – Highlight, underline, strikeout, draw shapes (lines, rectangles, circles, polygons), draw freehand, insert callouts, or attach sticky note comments
- Interact – See who’s online, chat directly with other users, add comments to others’ annotations, or subscribe to receive new activity notifications by email
- Download PDFs with all annotations embedded
For a simple guide on how to use Connect, click here.
Other new features in Xodo 2.0
The Xodo Development Team has worked extremely hard over the past few weeks to improve Xodo for all users. We received a lot of feedback which helped guide our efforts – once again, a great big “Thank you!” goes out to everyone who’s taken the time to contact us. As a result, Xodo 2.0 should provide an even more dynamic PDF experience than ever before, including:
iOS & Android
- The ability to convert image files to PDF and use Xodo to view/annotate pictures on the go (includes .tiff, .tif, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, and .bmp on both platforms, as well as .bmpf, .ico, .cur, and .xbm on iOS)
- [iOS only] The ability to convert Microsoft Office documents to PDF (includes Word (.doc), Excel (.xls), PowerPoint (.ppt), Pages, Numbers, and Keynote files)
- Thumbnail page display mode makes navigation even easier and allows you to delete and reorder pages on the fly
- The ability to create new blank PDF documents and use Xodo as an image-rich notepad
- Built-in support tool lets you ask questions, provide feedback, or suggest ideas for new features directly from the Xodo app
- [Android only] Full-screen immersive mode for KitKat 4.4
- Freehand eraser tool for annotations (more updates and additions are coming soon!)
We have many more enhancements already planned for Xodo over the next few months, but, as always, if you can think of ways to make Xodo even better, we’d love to hear from you. Visit our Uservoice forum to vote for your favorite suggestions or add your own.
Xodo is the ultimate cross-platform PDF viewer and annotator.
Xodo | Transforming how the world works with PDFs