Editor’s Note: This post has been updated to include newer Xodo features available since September 2015.
In the past few months, many users have downloaded Xodo as an alternative to RepliGo Reader, a popular PDF annotation app that was recently removed from the Play Store. If you’ve ever looked for a PDF annotation app on the Play Store, you know that it’s a competitive market – so if you’ve migrated over from RepliGo, we’d like to thank you for choosing Xodo and welcome you to the Xodo community!
At Xodo, our team works daily to ensure that Xodo stands out from the rest by adding new features, enhancing current functionalities, and actively supporting and connecting with our users.
Is Xodo a good alternative to RepliGo? Here are the features that Xodo has in common with RepliGo:
- PDF viewing, annotation, and form filling
- Night mode for comfortable PDF reading in dark environments
- Read files stored on external SD cards
- Variety of annotation tools, including highlight, strikeout, underline, comment notes, arrows, lines, rectangles, freehand drawing, and text boxes
- Ability to change color, thickness, and add a note for annotations
- Open password protected files
- Navigate long documents using bookmarks, go to page, search, and thumbnails
- Display recent documents and open documents to the last page visited
- Scroll pages horizontally or vertically
- Synced with Dropbox
- Document rotation
- Comments stored as standard annotations in original PDF file
In addition to these features, here’s some extra features Xodo has:
- Cross-platform | While we don’t have a BlackBerry app like RepliGo did, we’re available on Android, iOS, Windows phones and tablets, and as a web app and Chrome extension.
- Syncing | In addition to Dropbox, Xodo is synced with Google Drive.
- Editing pages | Insert blank pages, delete pages, and change the order of pages.
- Signing documents | Sign documents manually and save your signature for future use.
- Tabs | Open multiple PDFs and easily navigate from PDF to PDF using tabbed viewing.
- Free | Xodo is completely free, with no ads, in-app purchases, or premium tier (and no plans to change that!).
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Check our Knowledge Base for helpful FAQs and how-to’s, contact our friendly support team, or submit and vote on feature suggestions. Let us know what you like or don’t like about Xodo – your feedback helps Xodo continue to grow!
Did you switch over to Xodo from RepliGo? Let us know in the comments!
Xodo is the ultimate cross-platform PDF viewer and annotator.
Xodo | Transforming how the world works with PDFs